english skies

"Generous deed should not be checked by cold counsel." (Tolkien's Return of the King)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

24 May 2006

Read it and weep

Well, here we are at the second weekend for the box-office to redeem itself after the DVC topped it last week when it opened world-wide. Dropped a bit... why? Well, the New Yorker's Anthony Lane offers some comments... Read it and weep. Weep, as in cry, as in tears coming to your eyes for laughing so hard!

http://www.newyorker.com/printables/critics/060529crci_cinema

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahhahaahahahahhahhah!!!!! hilarious! thanks for making my day!!!!

10:15 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome, I particularly like the bit about not being able to get to page 100. Yikers.

12:37 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people have nothing better to do than trash a book. I mean, come ON--not like it's a threat to the church or something, right? ifyour faith is SO WEEEAAKKKK that a stupid little blockbuster movie is going to get you to doubt your religion, then that's youre probablem. Or maybe your religion is pretty flimsy to begin with. I think that could be true.

2:50 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Michelle D said...

Peace, Anon.

10:01 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

md, Thanks for posting this. I read it in The New Yorker & for me, at least, it became in instant classic - one of the funniest pieces I've ever read in a magazine - or anywhere, for that matter.
I'm a librarian, and for a while there Da Vinci Code was being requested so relentlessly that we wanted to scream, "Enough!!" Alas, there are so many great books out there that people don't know about.
Roberta R

8:59 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home